6/17/07

So, I'm FINALLY playing Shadow of the Colossus, and I'm really enjoying myself and thinking quite a bit about game criticism. Ever since my gaming class last semester I started flirting with the idea of possibly getting into serious gaming discussion someday, and now that I'm getting the time to sit down and play through some games, it's starting to sound like a really fun idea. For now, I'm just making notes as I go through - seeing what does and doesn't work for me personally, thinking about how I might fix the problems I find, etc. I think it'll be a lot of fun.

Anyway, I was thinking of putting together a list of games that I really ought to play, seeing as my gaming vocabulary is really quite small, and I thought I'd ask for some suggestions. Right now I only have a PS2, so I'm starting from there, and of course my comp (although.. it's not like I can rent games for my computer..). So, what are the best, must-play, or even just really interesting PS2 games you guys have come across? I'd really appreciate some suggestions.

~ Cat

2 comments:

Arenyth said...

Hey Cat!

Personally some of my favorites on the PS2 are:

Legend of Dragoon (rpg)
Final Fantasy 9, 10, maybe 12 just for the pretty
Prince of Persia, all
God of War, all

that's all I can think of without being in front of my stack. Hopefully that helps a bit.

Arenyth said...

OOh I remembered a little more. You definitely have to play Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. I played through them both in one sitting. Also if you haven't, play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Great action rpgs.